By Emilie. We’ve had enough of feeling deprived and guilty, thanks.
1) Entire food groups. Meat, carbs, all the really, really tasty stuff… you get the general gist. It was pretty much game over by the time we ordered that Chinese on January 2, and we don’t feel remotely bad about it. Everything in moderation, eh.
2) Alcohol. Please see above. We admire everyone doing Dry January in the same way we admire people that become surrogate mums or dedicate their lives to god, but it’s just not for us. We’ve made our peace with it.
3) Social media. Yes, we know we should be living more in the moment and not looking at our phone 6000 times a day but, y’know, Instagram.
4) Chasing our side hustle. Which also includes keeping an eye on the job market and pimping out our CV at every available opportunity. We might still be hiding under a post-Christmas layer of flub and shame, but we’re still hustling.
5) Shopping. Along with the rest of the world, we spent a fortune in December. But have you seen the Zara sale? It’s physically impossible to not go in. Probably.
6) Box set bingeing. Dawson’s Creek has just been completed (no judgement, please) and now we’ve moved onto Big Little Lies. We’ll just hibernate for a little longer.
7) Going out. If we didn’t go out this week we would’ve missed free prosecco at pay day drinks, date night with our boy, and seeing the The Greatest Showman the cinema. Which would have also meant that we’d never have awakened our dormant crush on Zac Efron. And that would’ve been a great shame, wouldn’t it?